    have to wade through.)

    Thanks,
    Greg
    Greg Wilson, Jun 27, 2003

  2. > Hi. Has anyone ever written scripts to extract data from PowerPoint using
    > Python? I know I could dredge through the VB examples in MSDN, and
    > translate, but if someone's already done this, I'd be grateful for a few
    > examples. (I have slides done in PPT that I want to convert to simple
    > HTML --- using "Save as HTML" in PPT creates a lot more goo than I want to
    > have to wade through.)
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Greg

    Couldn't you use "Save as HTML" in PPT and then write a simple parser that
    would remove the goo? I really don't know which is better because I haven't
    seen your ppt generated HTML files, but it's another direction you may want
    to look at.

    BTW, you may want to check out:
    http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-htmllib.html

    Or find some other parser: