Manipulating the Browser

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Munkeyjunkey, Sep 29, 2006.

  1. Munkeyjunkey

    Munkeyjunkey Guest

    I am trying to manipulate the browser when it loads, but it isn't
    working. When my frames page loads I want to remove all the toolbars
    and junk, below is my code:

    <!--
    <head>
    charset=windows-1252">
    <script language="JavaScript">
    window.onload=change;

    function change()
    {
    var windowAttributes;

    windowAttributes = 'scrollbars=no';
    windowAttributes += 'toolbar=no';
    windowAttributes += 'menubar=no';

    windowAttributes += 'top=0';
    windowAttributes += 'left=0';
    windowAttributes += 'width=900';
    windowAttributes += 'height=800';

    var popUp = window.open('frames.htm', 'home', windowAttributes);
    }
    </script>
    <title>New Page 2</title>
    </head>
    !-->

    Any ideas on how I can fix this?
    Thanks
    Munkeyjunkey

    Munkeyjunkey, Sep 29, 2006

  2. Munkeyjunkey wrote:
    > I am trying to manipulate the browser when it loads, but it isn't
    > working. When my frames page loads I want to remove all the toolbars
    > and junk, below is my code:

    Doesn't work like that. you have to set all those things BEFORE you
    open the browser. Google "Open Window Javacript" for what you are
    looking for.

    <insert all the "don't open a window" ranting here>

    Travis Newbury, Sep 29, 2006

  3. Munkeyjunkey

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Munkeyjunkey wrote: