Manual Compile

Jim Heavey

I am attempting to understand how to compile programs outside of the IDE.

I attemtped to compile my program as follows:

vbc /target:library DatabaseAccess.vb /library:system.data
/library:system.data.sqlclient

I also tried the following:
vbc /target:library DatabaseAccess.vb /library:system.data
/library:system.data.sqlclient

Private Sub AddParamter(ByVal ParmName As String, ByVal parmValue As
String,
ByVal cmd As SqlCommand, ByVal length As Integer)

Each time the errors produced look like the following....

~~~~~~~~~~
H:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Temp\DataBaseAccess.vb(494) : error BC30002: Type
'SqlParamet
er' is not defined.

Dim param As New SqlParameter(ParmName, parmValue)
H:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Temp\DataBaseAccess.vb(496) : error BC30451: Name
'ParameterD
irection' is not declared.

param.Direction = ParameterDirection.Input
vbc : error BC30041: Maximum number of errors has been exceeded.

Any Ideas how I should be compiling the program?????