Manual Compiling

Jim Heavey

I am trying to learn how to compile my asp.Net application manually without
VS.Net.

I have attempted to compile one module with the following command
vbc /target:library DatabaseAccess.vb /imports:system.data
/imports:system.data.sqlclient
but I get a load of errors and they usually highlight an object in the
system.data.sqlclient of system.data. What option do I need to be using to
make these error go away?

If I have a Page.aspx and a Page1.aspx.vb and Page1.aspx.vb calls "Common.vb"
how do I comiple this so it all works?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!!!!

Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP]

Hi Jim,

It would help if you could post the exact and complete text for the error
message you're getting,

--
Victor Garcia Aprea
Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET

bruce barker

/import only specifies namespaces, for any library routines you call (or any
they call) you need a /library

vMike

Try creating a text file along the following lines where the /r are the dlls
you are importing. (this may take some time to get right) then do vbc
@yourtextfile at dos prompt. The following should be on one line.

/t:library /out:c:\pathtobin\nameof.dll c:\pathtofile\name.vb /r:system.dll
/r:system.web.dll /r:system.xml.dll /r:system.data.dll