Manual deploy JSPs

actionjoejackson

Hi,

We've been doing some hunting online to see how we might be able to
change our deployment process for our J2EE applications. Wer have an
ANT script which does the build and deployy, but we are specifically
wanting to look at manually deploying a set of JSPs on a regular basis
(without doing a full build and without taking down the tomcat server
we use). We can't seem to find much online describing the way other
people patch the live platform with a bunch of new JSP, without having
to restart do a full build/deploy and restarting the application
server. Does anyone have any suggestions? Are there any tools that
can help with this task?

Of course, we could manually drop the individual files up to the live
platform one by one in the relevant directories, but that is way too
tedious and error prone. Does anyone else have this same issue?

Would be greatful for any help. Thanks!

Lew

[...]

Tomcat lets you reload an application. Theoretically all you have to do is
drop the WAR or other resources in the webapps/.

<http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/host.html#Automatic Application Deployment>

Why not have Ant automate the task of "manually drop[ping] the individual
files ... in the relevant directories"? Then it would be neither "tedious" nor
"error-prone".

-- lew