    --a separate thread ,
    --return a reader and then
    --close the thread ?

    Jon Paal, Oct 25, 2006

  2. look at the threading nmespace. in general there is no good reason to do
    this in asp.net. website a re a request/response protocol. the browser
    requests an html page, asp.net builds one and sends it back. once the page
    is sent to the browser you cannot update it. this means to use a database
    thread, you need to stall the main thread until the database thread
    completes (say in page load, but no later than prerender). this stall will
    interfere with asp.net agile threading model.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\), Oct 25, 2006