manual threading in asp.net - vb

Jon Paal

how can I make the connection to the database :
--a separate thread ,
--return a reader and then
--close the thread ?

bruce barker \(sqlwork.com\)

look at the threading nmespace. in general there is no good reason to do
this in asp.net. website a re a request/response protocol. the browser
requests an html page, asp.net builds one and sends it back. once the page
is sent to the browser you cannot update it. this means to use a database
thread, you need to stall the main thread until the database thread
completes (say in page load, but no later than prerender). this stall will
interfere with asp.net agile threading model.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)