manually edit SLN file when sourcesafe no longer used?

AFN

I have a project that was previously "attached" to sourcesafe. Now I'm
handling it by myself. I can't open the SLN file because it fails. I
have to open the .vbproj file, choose to work disconnected, save over the
SLN file, and accept an "unspecified error". Instead, I would like to
make a new SLN file and VBPROJ file that is not related to sourcesafe. How
can I do that, in notepad, or in VS2003 directly?