    Any suggestions as to why this is happening or how it could be resolved

    Many, many thanks in advance
    Carlos
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Apr 8, 2004

  2. "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Has anyone come accross something like this?
    > On an aspx page with a "large" Databound datagrid (over 500 rows, 5

    columns) the CPU utilization on the server goes to 100% when processing the
    page. The grid is databound to a custom business object collection that
    ultimately inherits from CollectionBase and implements some of IBindingList
    (except for sorting and that kind of thing). Sometimes it goes so far as to
    reset the ASP.NET worker process due to too much memory consumption. Paging
    the DataGrid doesn't help.

    > At first I thought there was a problem with my collections... or maybe the

    datagrid control.

    > But then I did another page where I dinamically have to build a tree of

    controls (again, a little over 500), each control is a custom composite
    control and represents a node in the tree. Each time the page is loaded
    (rendered?) the CPU also goes to 100%. If it is loaded frequently enough
    the ASPNET worker process resets due to "unexpected error", which I am
    guessing is due to a StackOverflowException in mscorlib.dll (one time that I
    was debugging I managed to trap this error)

    > Any suggestions as to why this is happening or how it could be resolved?

    I suggest you try to reproduce this with a simple 500-row DataTable instead
    of your custom business object collection. That will narrow things down a
    bit.
    --
    John Saunders
    John.Saunders at SurfControl.com
    John Saunders, Apr 9, 2004

  3. this DataGrid has ViewState = true? Your datasource is in ViewState?

    Brun

    Bruno Sirianni, Apr 9, 2004
  4. Yes, the datagrid and the datasource are stored in viewstate
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Apr 12, 2004