    I have a swing application that has many frames and dialogs. Is it
    possible to make a dialog modal for some frames and non-modal for the
    others frames? (the frames are displayed at the same time).

    Lukasz Indyk, Jan 22, 2004

  2. "Lukasz Indyk" <> wrote in message
    news:bupdbe$run$...
    | I have a swing application that has many frames and dialogs. Is it
    | possible to make a dialog modal for some frames and non-modal for the
    | others frames? (the frames are displayed at the same time).

    Please do _not_ multi-post Lukasz.. :-/

    You have already got a very helpful
    reply from one of the regulars at your
    original question on c.l.j.help.

    Post a question to _one_ group and
    be _patient_!

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Jan 22, 2004

  3. Lukasz Indyk

    Lukasz Indyk Guest

    Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > "Lukasz Indyk" <> wrote in message
    > | I have a swing application that has many frames and dialogs. Is it
    > | possible to make a dialog modal for some frames and non-modal for the
    > | others frames? (the frames are displayed at the same time).
    >
    > Please do _not_ multi-post Lukasz.. :-/
    >
    > You have already got a very helpful
    > reply from one of the regulars at your
    > original question on c.l.j.help.
    >
    > Post a question to _one_ group and
    > be _patient_!
    >
    > --
    > Andrew Thompson
    > * http://www.PhySci.org/ PhySci software suite
    > * http://www.1point1C.org/ 1.1C - Superluminal!
    > * http://www.AThompson.info/andrew/ personal site

    sorry for multiposting. but the reply from c.l.j.gui (not c.l.j.help) is
    useless, not "very helpful".

    Lukasz Indyk, Jan 22, 2004
  4. "Lukasz Indyk" <> wrote in message
    | Andrew Thompson wrote:

    | sorry for multiposting. but the reply from c.l.j.gui (not c.l.j.help) is
    | useless, not "very helpful".

    See the one by Steve Jackson, I
    may not have made that clear.

    [ Checks, no I did not. Sorry. ]

    Since then I have added a response
    myself, please have a look over
    it, and especially Steve's, because
    I will not be helping you on this group.

    Until you get a better grasp of usenet,
    please confine your discussions to a
    group like c.l.j.help.

    People are more forgiving there.. ;-)

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Jan 22, 2004
  5. "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote in message
    | "Lukasz Indyk" <> wrote in message
    | | Andrew Thompson wrote:
    |
    | | sorry for multiposting. but the reply from c.l.j.gui (not c.l.j.help)
    is
    | | useless, not "very helpful".

    Oops! I got that group wrong twice
    (I read all three). I was fooled into thinking
    I saw it on c.l.j.help 'coz perhaps that is
    where you should be posting at the moment.

    Multi-posting is a sign of someone that is either
    a) very new to usenet, or..
    b) wants to make a lot of enemies in a short time.

    Do a google on the term if you do not
    understand the significance, please.

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Jan 22, 2004
  6. Lukasz Indyk

    Lukasz Indyk Guest

    Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote in message
    > | "Lukasz Indyk" <> wrote in message
    > | | Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > |
    > | | sorry for multiposting. but the reply from c.l.j.gui (not c.l.j.help)
    > is
    > | | useless, not "very helpful".
    >
    > Oops! I got that group wrong twice
    > (I read all three). I was fooled into thinking
    > I saw it on c.l.j.help 'coz perhaps that is
    > where you should be posting at the moment.
    >
    > Multi-posting is a sign of someone that is either
    > a) very new to usenet, or..
    > b) wants to make a lot of enemies in a short time.
    >
    > Do a google on the term if you do not
    > understand the significance, please.
    >
    > --
    > Andrew Thompson
    > * http://www.PhySci.org/ PhySci software suite
    > * http://www.1point1C.org/ 1.1C - Superluminal!
    > * http://www.AThompson.info/andrew/ personal site

    ok, i don't want to make enemies but to get help. so i will never
    multipost again. sory for that once again.

    Lukasz Indyk, Jan 23, 2004
  7. "Lukasz Indyk" <> wrote in message
    | Andrew Thompson wrote:
    | ok, i don't want to make enemies but to get help.

    That's the aim.

    |...so i will never
    | multipost again. sory for that once again.

    I completely forgive you.
    Chalk it up to lack of experience.

    [ And I certainly make mistakes
    myself! ;-) ]