many JFrames and JDialog modal only for one of them

Lukasz Indyk

I have a swing application that has many frames and dialogs. Is it
possible to make a dialog modal for some frames and non-modal for the
others frames? (the frames are displayed at the same time).

Andrew Thompson

| I have a swing application that has many frames and dialogs. Is it
| possible to make a dialog modal for some frames and non-modal for the
| others frames? (the frames are displayed at the same time).

Please do _not_ multi-post Lukasz.. :-/

You have already got a very helpful
reply from one of the regulars at your
original question on c.l.j.help.

Post a question to _one_ group and
be _patient_!

Lukasz Indyk

--
Andrew Thompson
sorry for multiposting. but the reply from c.l.j.gui (not c.l.j.help) is

Andrew Thompson

| Andrew Thompson wrote:

| sorry for multiposting. but the reply from c.l.j.gui (not c.l.j.help) is
| useless, not "very helpful".

See the one by Steve Jackson, I
may not have made that clear.

[ Checks, no I did not. Sorry. ]

Since then I have added a response
myself, please have a look over
it, and especially Steve's, because
I will not be helping you on this group.

Until you get a better grasp of usenet,
please confine your discussions to a
group like c.l.j.help.

People are more forgiving there.. ;-)

Andrew Thompson

| | | Andrew Thompson wrote:
|
| | sorry for multiposting. but the reply from c.l.j.gui (not c.l.j.help)
is
| | useless, not "very helpful".

Oops! I got that group wrong twice
(I read all three). I was fooled into thinking
I saw it on c.l.j.help 'coz perhaps that is
where you should be posting at the moment.

Multi-posting is a sign of someone that is either
a) very new to usenet, or..
b) wants to make a lot of enemies in a short time.

Do a google on the term if you do not
understand the significance, please.

Lukasz Indyk

Andrew said:
| | | Andrew Thompson wrote:
|
| | sorry for multiposting. but the reply from c.l.j.gui (not c.l.j.help)
is
| | useless, not "very helpful".

Oops! I got that group wrong twice
(I read all three). I was fooled into thinking
I saw it on c.l.j.help 'coz perhaps that is
where you should be posting at the moment.

Multi-posting is a sign of someone that is either
a) very new to usenet, or..
b) wants to make a lot of enemies in a short time.

Do a google on the term if you do not
understand the significance, please.

--
Andrew Thompson
ok, i don't want to make enemies but to get help. so i will never
multipost again. sory for that once again.

Andrew Thompson

| Andrew Thompson wrote:
| ok, i don't want to make enemies but to get help.

That's the aim.

|...so i will never
| multipost again. sory for that once again.

I completely forgive you.
Chalk it up to lack of experience.

[ And I certainly make mistakes
myself! ;-) ]