Map for Vectors

Marcelo

Just a little question from a begginner,

I would like to know if there is something like a "table" or a matrix of Vectors.

I am actually looking for something similar of a "Vector of Vectors", does Java
has a class that implements this?

thanks a lot,

Marcelo

Ingo R. Homann

Hi Marcelo,
Just a little question from a begginner,

I would like to know if there is something like a "table" or a matrix of
Vectors.

I am actually looking for something similar of a "Vector of Vectors",
does Java has a class that implements this?

Yes, nearly exactly that:

List<List<MyContentType>> matrix=new ArrayList<List<MyContentType>>();

You may encapsulate this in your own class.

Ciao,
Ingo

Roedy Green

I am actually looking for something similar of a "Vector of Vectors", does Java
has a class that implements this?

You implement it literally with e Vector of Vectors, or more commonly
ArrayList of ArrayLists.

the generics to define the types get rather unwieldy.
e.g.

ArrayList<ArrayList<Dog>> matrix = new ArrayList< ArrayList<Dog>>(
500);
Now you must go and create the inner arraylists and within that the
Dog objects.