MapForce2004 impressions?

John Finney

Does anyone have early impressions or experience with Altova's
MapForce2004? In particular, I want to know the things it cannot do
-- every O/R tool I have seen so far has some fatal flaw.

Bob Foster

I thought it was an X/R tool?

IBM's WSAD has a mapping tool that sounds similiar; for XML-to-XML, theirs
produces an XSL transform that you can customize by hand, if need be. Have
you looked at that one?

Bob Foster

John Finney

Bob Foster said:
I thought it was an X/R tool?
IBM's WSAD has a mapping tool that sounds similiar; for XML-to-XML, theirs
produces an XSL transform that you can customize by hand, if need be. Have
you looked at that one?

I haven't. My main interest is XML <-> RDB. Tools from database
vendors tend to put restrictions on the XML schema, while I fear that
this tool will ultimately place restrictions on the database schema.