    Does anyone have early impressions or experience with Altova's
    MapForce2004? In particular, I want to know the things it cannot do
    -- every O/R tool I have seen so far has some fatal flaw.

    John Finney, Sep 5, 2003

  2. John Finney

    Bob Foster Guest

    I thought it was an X/R tool?

    IBM's WSAD has a mapping tool that sounds similiar; for XML-to-XML, theirs
    produces an XSL transform that you can customize by hand, if need be. Have
    you looked at that one?

    Bob Foster

    Bob Foster, Sep 6, 2003

  3. John Finney

    John Finney Guest

    "Bob Foster" <> wrote in message news:<DRd6b.373577$uu5.71451@sccrnsc04>...
    > I thought it was an X/R tool?

    > IBM's WSAD has a mapping tool that sounds similiar; for XML-to-XML, theirs
    > produces an XSL transform that you can customize by hand, if need be. Have
    > you looked at that one?

    I haven't. My main interest is XML <-> RDB. Tools from database
    vendors tend to put restrictions on the XML schema, while I fear that
    this tool will ultimately place restrictions on the database schema.

    John Finney, Sep 6, 2003