mapi.session and ASP.Net

Pat Sinnott

I am attempting to create a MAPI Session with the
following code on an ASP.net page.

Dim oSess As New MAPI.Session()
oSess.Logon("MS Exchange Settings")

This code works fine in a vb.net environment but when I
attempted to run the same code in an ASP.Net environment I
got the following error.

[Collaboration Data Objects - [MAPI_E_LOGON_FAILED
(80040111)]]

I am aware that the account being used to open this
session is the ASPNET account so I attempted to use
ASP.Net impersonation using my own NT login credentials.

This time I got the following error.

[Collaboration Data Objects - [UNKNOWN_ERROR(80010106)]]

I have search the web for a solution to the issue without
any success. Urgent help required!!!

Regards,

Pat Sinnot MCSD

Pat Sinnott

I have worked out what the problem was here.

I added the page directive ASPCOMPAT = true and it worked.
I also used impersonation to impersonate my own NT login
credentials

I can now access all the public folders and their messages
to which I have access through my ASP.NET pages.

Note I use other com components on the page(to access my
business objects which were programmed using VB6) and all
these work faster with ASPCOMPAT set to true.

Regards,

Pat Sinnott MSCD