MapPath Image Stored on Another Server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by JeffP->, Sep 15, 2008.

  1. JeffP->

    JeffP-> Guest

    We moved our main Application but not our web apps and now we're not able to
    view our TIF / Bitmap images on the web data entry page.
    We had....
    Our scanner deposited TIF files for web based data input.
    Physical path was D:\Apps\OurApp\Apps\ClientScans
    OurApp mapped as U:\ so....
    Mapped path was U:\Apps\ClientScans
    WebConfig <add key="imageSrc" value="U:\Apps\ClientScans"/>
    All was well and good for years with our same loction webpages...

    Now we have...
    U:\ is mapped to another Server
    Our scanner sends TIF files there.
    This ClientScans folder is shared as such w/full permissions to everyone,
    including ASPNET.
    The webserver, CServer01 (new location/server) has a virtual web,
    ClientScans, and I can browse to the default.html helloworld page
    http://CServer01/ClientScans/Default.html
    ..Net page snipit...
    Dim ImageToShow as Bitmap = Image.FromFile(Server.MapPath(_FileName))
    ...end snipit
    WebConfig <add key="imageSrc" value="http://CServer01/ClientScans"/>
    ....also tried
    WebConfig <add key="imageSrc" value="//CServer01/ClientScans"/>

    Any clues as to how to AGAIN enable pulling images files from w/out LAN from
    another server to view in our data input ASP.Net webpage?

    JeffP->, Sep 15, 2008