MapPath Problem

TheBob

I have read all related posts, but still cannot solve my issue.
With my database and asp page in the root folder all works fine.
<%
set conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
conn.Provider="Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"
conn.open = Server.MapPath ("BillingQueSlim.mdb")
set rs=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")
sql="SELECT MEMBERID, MEMBER, ADDRESS, CITY, STATE, ZIP, BILLINGFREQUENCY
FROM Members WHERE MEMBERID = " & strName
'WHERE MEMBERID=" & strName
rs.Open sql, conn
%>

HOWEVER, for security I want the db in the fpdb folder with the asp
remaining in the root.

If I add the subfolder -- i.e., Server.MapPath ("fpdb/BillingQueSlim.mdb")
-- the page returns:
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80004005'
Could not find file
'E:\kunden\homepages\31\d119399771\fpdb\billingqueslim.mdb'.
/fpatests/bheader.asp, line 16
I assume that is the physical path on the hosting server. I've tried a
leading slash, back slashes "..", etc. without success.

Can anyone spot the problem?

Evertjan.

=?Utf-8?B?VGhlQm9i?= wrote on 08 mrt 2005 in
[...]

It's all in debugging.

Why not first test the mappath result from the site root?

response.write Server.MapPath("/fpdb/BillingQueSlim.mdb")
response.end

Shahid Juma

Try doing it like this:

Server.MapPath ("../fpdb/BillingQueSlim.mdb")

Shahid