MapPathSlowUsingIISCore

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Paul Hatcher, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. Paul Hatcher

    Paul Hatcher Guest

    I have a web application that is trying to locate a
    configuration file.

    Most of the time is works, but occassionally I get this
    exception...

    1) Exception Information
    Exception Type: System.Web.HttpException
    ErrorCode: -2147467259
    Message: Failed to map the
    path '/Config/MyApp.Live.Config'.
    TargetSite: System.String MapPathSlowUsingIISCore
    (System.String)
    HelpLink: NULL
    Source: System.Web

    StackTrace Information
    at
    System.Web.Hosting.ISAPIWorkerRequestInProcForIIS6.MapPathS
    lowUsingIISCore(String path)
    at System.Web.Hosting.ISAPIWorkerRequest.MapPath(String
    path)
    at System.Web.HttpRequest.MapPath(String virtualPath,
    String baseVirtualDir, Boolean allowCrossAppMapping)
    at System.Web.HttpServerUtility.MapPath(String path)

    Any ideas why is fails intermitantly

    Paul
    Paul Hatcher, Jul 7, 2003