Mapped drives and FSO

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by gil, Aug 16, 2004.

  1. gil

    gil Guest

    I keep getting "path not found"..

    I'm running two servers, the machine running IIS that is running my ASP
    script uses the same IUSR account and password as the folder that I am
    trying to access through a mapped drive. Permissions should be good.

    here is my code:

    Set objFile = Server.CreateObject ("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    objFolder = "M:\testfolder"
    Set MyFolder = objFile.GetFolder(objFolder)

    if I take the same directory path "M:\testfolder" and paste it into explore
    it finds the path without a problem...

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you
    gil, Aug 16, 2004

  2. gil

    Patrice Guest

    Yes but keep in mind that your web app doesn't run under the same context. I
    would use an UNC name (\\myserver\mytargetfolder) instead...

    Patrice

    Patrice, Aug 16, 2004

  3. gil

    gil Guest

    Thank you..

    I forgot I turned off netbios a while ago, been banging my head up against
    the wall ever since.

    gil, Aug 16, 2004
  4. Well, you mapped M:\ under YOUR userid, how does IUSR_YourMachineName know
    about M:\?

    Use a UNC path, with share access granted to a local IUSR_YourMachineName
    that is configured exactly the same as IUSR_YourMachineName on the web
    server.

    http://www.aspfaq.com/2168

    --
    http://www.aspfaq.com/