Mapped drives and FSO

gil

I keep getting "path not found"..

I'm running two servers, the machine running IIS that is running my ASP
script uses the same IUSR account and password as the folder that I am
trying to access through a mapped drive. Permissions should be good.

here is my code:

Set objFile = Server.CreateObject ("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
objFolder = "M:\testfolder"
Set MyFolder = objFile.GetFolder(objFolder)

if I take the same directory path "M:\testfolder" and paste it into explore
it finds the path without a problem...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Patrice

Yes but keep in mind that your web app doesn't run under the same context. I
would use an UNC name (\\myserver\mytargetfolder) instead...

Patrice

gil

Thank you..

I forgot I turned off netbios a while ago, been banging my head up against
the wall ever since.

Aaron [SQL Server MVP]

Well, you mapped M:\ under YOUR userid, how does IUSR_YourMachineName know
about M:\?

Use a UNC path, with share access granted to a local IUSR_YourMachineName
that is configured exactly the same as IUSR_YourMachineName on the web
server.

http://www.aspfaq.com/2168