    Could anybody please tell me what is maps and hashmaps by giving examples

    Thanks
    , May 25, 2004

  2. scribbled the following:
    > Could anybody please tell me what is maps and hashmaps by giving examples

    A hashmap *is* a map. A map is anything that has a set of keys and a
    value associated to each key. The values can be queried by using the
    keys. A hashmap is a particular implementation of a map that stores the
    values in memory according to the hashcodes of the keys.

    "The truth is out there, man! Way out there!"
    - Professor Ashfield
    Joona I Palaste, May 25, 2004

  3. jAnO! Guest

    jAnO!, May 25, 2004