Margin of error on ASP voting app

dw

Hi, all. We've got an ASP app that allows some 11,000 students to vote for
student government. We've had a request to calculate the margin of error for
the application. Does anyone have any ideas how one does this for an ASP
app? Thank you.

McKirahan

dw said:
Hi, all. We've got an ASP app that allows some 11,000 students to vote for
student government. We've had a request to calculate the margin of error for
the application. Does anyone have any ideas how one does this for an ASP
app? Thank you.

Unless all students vote there will be a "margin of error".

Margin of error
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Margin_of_error

Margin of Error and Confidence Levels Made Simple
http://www.isixsigma.com/library/content/c040607a.asp

Aaron Bertrand [SQL Server MVP]

This is just math, and the formula is no different whether you are using
ASP, a calculator, or doing it in your head, and at what point you decide
that you have a large enough sample size to represent all 11,000 students.
However it will depend on your confidence level as well.

http://www.isixsigma.com/library/content/c040607a.asp