"margin-top" style problem

Patrick J. Kearney

Hi:

Hope somebody can help with this, but
I creating webpages in which I'm using
the HTML style "Margin-Top" to position
graphics in a left-hand column so that
they are adjacent to text elements in
a right-hand column. The syntax I'm using
is: style = "margin-top: [###]px;">

It works well in both Netscape 7.1 and
IE, but there is a c. 600 pixel difference
in the way they both position the graphics.
In other words, if I position the graphic
so that it's adjacent to the appropriate
text in IE, it's 600 or pixels out of
position in Netscape, and of course vice
versa.

Any advice as to how I might use this style
so that it formats the same in both browsers
would be much appreciated.

Patrick Kearney

Patrick J. Kearney

Not online yet. I'm actually re-doing an
existing site, and testing it as I go by
viewing in both Netscape and IE.

Neal

Not online yet. I'm actually re-doing an
existing site, and testing it as I go by
viewing in both Netscape and IE.

How about a sample online anyway? Makes it so much easier to fix. Really.
Please do. Even on Geos(h)itties.

BTW - note where I moved your reply. Please put yours in conversation
order from here on, it does make it easier to follow the conversation and
get help.