"margin-top" style problem

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Patrick J. Kearney, Jun 19, 2004.

  1. Hi:

    Hope somebody can help with this, but
    I creating webpages in which I'm using
    the HTML style "Margin-Top" to position
    graphics in a left-hand column so that
    they are adjacent to text elements in
    a right-hand column. The syntax I'm using
    is: style = "margin-top: [###]px;">

    It works well in both Netscape 7.1 and
    IE, but there is a c. 600 pixel difference
    in the way they both position the graphics.
    In other words, if I position the graphic
    so that it's adjacent to the appropriate
    text in IE, it's 600 or pixels out of
    position in Netscape, and of course vice
    versa.

    Any advice as to how I might use this style
    so that it formats the same in both browsers
    would be much appreciated.

    Patrick Kearney

    Patrick J. Kearney, Jun 19, 2004

  2. Patrick J. Kearney

    Karl Groves Guest

    "Patrick J. Kearney" <> wrote in message
    > Hi:
    >
    > Hope somebody can help with this,

    How about an URL?

    -Karl

    Karl Groves, Jun 19, 2004

  3. Not online yet. I'm actually re-doing an
    existing site, and testing it as I go by
    viewing in both Netscape and IE.

    Patrick J. Kearney, Jun 21, 2004
  4. Patrick J. Kearney

    Neal Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 04:57:01 GMT, Patrick J. Kearney <>
    wrote:

    > Karl Groves wrote:
    >> "Patrick J. Kearney" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi:
    >>>
    >>> Hope somebody can help with this,

    >> How about an URL?

    > Not online yet. I'm actually re-doing an
    > existing site, and testing it as I go by
    > viewing in both Netscape and IE.

    How about a sample online anyway? Makes it so much easier to fix. Really.
    Please do. Even on Geos(h)itties.

    BTW - note where I moved your reply. Please put yours in conversation
    order from here on, it does make it easier to follow the conversation and
    get help.

    Neal, Jun 21, 2004