Margins in a document

Ike

I'm just wondering if I might not get some input from the good minds who
frequent this usegroup regarding the following. I needed to write a tiny
word-processor, essentially, to merely format text and print it out; basic
nuts & bolts to word processing, and it had to be able to run in a signed
Applet.

To do this, I opted, essentially, to create an html editor, whereby the user
sees the rendered html, but the file itself is saved, under the scenes, in
html format to retain formatting. This flows nicely with a JEditorPane, and
with the notion of full platform independence.

However, the missing peice, is actually formatting the page itself, i.e.
margins, not only left & right, but top and bottom as well.

Just wondering how you might approach that problem. Thanks a lot, Ike