    So which is best way to mark-up this information?

    Thanks

    , Sep 14, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > I need to figure out whether the following information is best
    > displayed in a table or as a definition list - it is displayed as a
    > summary to show what the user has inputted previously and whether they
    > want to make any changes:
    >
    > Title Miss
    > First E
    > Surname Accessible
    > DOB 19/05/1979
    > Address Somewhere nice
    > Email

    This sounds like echoing user input, not a summary. Anyway, it's rather
    naturally tabular data. It's nowhere near a definition list, except to those
    who treat <dl> as meaning just a collection of pairs. (You do not _define_
    the terms "title", "first", etc. at all; instead you assume that the reader
    already knows what there words mean.)

    On the practical side, you surely want them to appear in tabular layout. So
    why would you refrain from using <table> markup for tabular data and then
    try to figure out some way to make it appear as tabulated?

    --
    Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
    http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Sep 14, 2006

    Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

    > Anyway, it's rather naturally tabular data.
    > It's nowhere near a definition list, except to those
    > who treat <dl> as meaning just a collection of pairs.

    Yep, thanks - that's what I thought. Just needed to hear it from
    someone else!

    , Sep 14, 2006