Market simulations with Python

xamdam

I am interested in market simulation with Python, simulating buyers
and sellers arriving with goods at random times. I looked at SimPy,
it's pretty nice, but all the examples are around congestion problems.
Should I a) dig deeper b) write something from scratch c) look at
another library?

thanks,
max.

Alan Isaac

xamdam said:
I am interested in market simulation with Python, simulating buyers
and sellers arriving with goods at random times. I looked at SimPy,
it's pretty nice, but all the examples are around congestion problems.
Should I a) dig deeper b) write something from scratch c) look at
another library?

You could use SimPy.

Also see:

http://gnosis.cx/publish/programming/charming_python_b10.html

http://www.mech.kuleuven.be/lce2006/147.pdf

If you plan to share you efforts, please post updates here.

Alan Isaac