    It's pretty good practice for creating appropriate class names in css
    though. Cars just don't look like cars anymore.

    Has anybody else here tried to do something similar?

    Murray, Jan 17, 2009

    dorayme, Jan 17, 2009

    > <* />
    >
    > --
    > dorayme

    Hey, it's a singularity!

    Murray, Jan 17, 2009
  4. Murray

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 17 Jan 2009, Murray <> wrote:

    > I was reading Andy Clarke's Transcending CSS,
    > http://transcendingcss.com/, the other day and it got me thinking:
    > How would you markup everything?
    >
    > If you take your office, or home, desk for example. Would this be an
    > unordered list, a single webpage, an entire site... Would you, rather
    > wrongly, call this a table? And does your desk link from a website
    > named, room?
    >
    > I thought about this for a while and discovered that it's completely
    > futile as the more you look at objects, the more they reveal their
    > true markup potential.
    >
    > It's pretty good practice for creating appropriate class names in css
    > though. Cars just don't look like cars anymore.
    >
    > Has anybody else here tried to do something similar?

    One time I took a run at making a perpetual-motion machine but I'm
    still running.

    --
    Neredbojias
    http://www.neredbojias.org/

    Neredbojias, Jan 17, 2009
  5. Murray

    rf Guest

    dorayme wrote:
    > In article
    > <>,
    > Murray <> wrote:
    >
    >> How would you markup everything?

    > <* />

    Simple. Elegant. Complete. Onya girl :)

    rf, Jan 17, 2009
  6. Murray

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Neredbojias wrote:

    > One time I took a run at making a perpetual-motion machine but I'm
    > still running.

    Oh that one is easy. You simply attach a piece of toast to the back of a
    cat, with the butter side facing away from the cat. Drop the cat and
    toast from an appropriate height and you've got a perpetual motion machine.

    The reason this works is because toast always lands butter side down,
    and cats always land on their feet. So when you drop them, they will
    perpetually spin in the air as the laws of physics battle to get the
    toast's butter side to face the ground and also make the cat land on its
    feet. Both conditions cannot exist simultaneously, hence the spinning
    that can be observed.

    A similar, but less effective method is to butter both sides of a piece
    of toast and drop that. A more dangerous method would be to attempt to
    tie two cats together with their backs facing. I wouldn't recommend this
    technique if you value your eyes or scar easily.

    --
    Dylan Parry

    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber†– Einstein

    Dylan Parry, Jan 17, 2009
  7. Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Dylan Parry <>
    writing in news::

    > A similar, but less effective method [perpetual motion machine] is to

    butter both sides of a piece
    > of toast and drop that. A more dangerous method would be to attempt to
    > tie two cats together with their backs facing. I wouldn't recommend this
    > technique if you value your eyes or scar easily.

    My cat Rolo (see Completely OT - Rolo the mouse catcher) struck again
    yesterday morning, she brought another mouse in. She chased the mouse
    round and round the kitchen until I picked it up with a plastic bag. She
    was a little miffed that the "game" was over, but quite content when I
    opened up a can of food for her.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell at Home
    Arbpen Web Site Design Services

    Adrienne Boswell, Jan 17, 2009
  8. Murray

    Bergamot Guest

    Re: Markup everything (OT)

    Adrienne Boswell wrote:

    > My cat Rolo (see Completely OT - Rolo the mouse catcher) struck again
    > yesterday morning, she brought another mouse in. She chased the mouse
    > round and round the kitchen until I picked it up with a plastic bag.

    One of my cats once brought a mouse in the house, went straight for the
    kitchen and dropped it in her food bowl. The mouse seized the
    opportunity to escape, but kitty caught it and again went and plopped it
    back in her food bowl. This went on for about 15 minutes and we were
    laughing so hard we didn't even think about capturing the poor thing
    ourselves, but eventually we did and let it out. :)

    --
    Berg

    Bergamot, Jan 17, 2009
  9. Murray

    dorayme Guest

    Re: Markup everything (OT)

    In article <>,
    Sherm Pendley <> wrote:

    > I turn the corner to enter
    > the cat food aisle - and there's a small bird standing there chirping.
    >
    > I think to myself well, it's in the right aisle...

    What have you got against poor birds? <g>

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Jan 17, 2009
  10. Murray

    Neredbojias Guest

    On 17 Jan 2009, Dylan Parry <> wrote:

    > Neredbojias wrote:
    >
    >> One time I took a run at making a perpetual-motion machine but I'm
    >> still running.

    > Oh that one is easy. You simply attach a piece of toast to the back
    > of a cat, with the butter side facing away from the cat. Drop the cat
    > and toast from an appropriate height and you've got a perpetual
    > motion machine.
    >
    > The reason this works is because toast always lands butter side down,
    > and cats always land on their feet. So when you drop them, they will
    > perpetually spin in the air as the laws of physics battle to get the
    > toast's butter side to face the ground and also make the cat land on
    > its feet. Both conditions cannot exist simultaneously, hence the
    > spinning that can be observed.

    I tried that one time in the ghetto, but all I got out of it was nausea
    and some rancid pussy.

    Neredbojias, Jan 19, 2009