    padding-bottom:10px; padding-top:10px;" >
    hello world

    any suggestions?

    Jeff, Mar 23, 2009

  2. Jeff

    Stan Guest

    On 23 Mar, 23:31, "Jeff" <> wrote:
    > hi
    >
    > asp.net 2.0
    >
    > this markup don't work in IE8 and FireFox, more specific it means that
    > background-color:Green isn't set.
    > maybe it's set but I cannot see it...

    > runat="server">
    > padding-bottom:10px; padding-top:10px;" >
    >  hello world
    >
    > any suggestions?

    Try setting a height value for the "BottomPanel" div element. It might
    be that the float:right property is causing the inner div element to
    ride above its container so the latter is collapsed vertically.

    HTH

    Stan, Mar 23, 2009

  3. Jeff

    bruce barker Guest

    IE8 and firefox are correct. the div bottom panel has no height (as
    floating objects span their containers so have no effect on container
    size).

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Mar 24, 2009
  4. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    thanks to both of you, the problem is solved

    Jeff, Mar 24, 2009