    but for some reason, I don't know why - when the mouse is over the marquee,
    there is none script running as it should be.

    Thanks :)
    Mr. x, Dec 6, 2003

  2. Mr. x

    Mr. x Guest

    > Hello,
    >
    > Look at the site : www.moca.co.il/test/main.html
    >
    > I have a marquee on the right.
    >
    > I have written on the code an event when mouse is over the marquee,
    > but for some reason, I don't know why - when the mouse is over the

    marquee,
    > there is none script running as it should be.
    >
    > Thanks :)

    N.B.
    The code for the maqruee is on :
    www.moca.co.il/test/main_marquee.html

    Thanks :)
    Mr. x, Dec 6, 2003

  3. Mr. x wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > Look at the site : www.moca.co.il/test/main.html
    >
    > I have a marquee on the right.

    why don't you just let the user READ. i don't know whatever language or
    content that is, but ut looks a bit fast for very young and very old
    visitors (and maybe even for all, i just don't know the lingo)

    and, by the way marquee is NOT a standard and was NEVER one and will
    NEVER be one. O.K., it works on the newest gecko, but i think that is
    the only non-m$ browser that supports it...

    Thomas Jollans, Dec 7, 2003
  4. Thomas Jollans wrote:

    > and, by the way marquee is NOT a standard and was NEVER one and will
    > NEVER be one. O.K., it works on the newest gecko, but i think that is
    > the only non-m$ browser that supports it...

    Opera 7.1+ also.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Dec 7, 2003
  5. Toby A Inkster <> wrote:

    >> and, by the way marquee is NOT a standard and was NEVER one and
    >> will NEVER be one. O.K., it works on the newest gecko, but i think
    >> that is the only non-m$ browser that supports it...

    > Opera 7.1+ also.

    Sigh. It was disappointing enough to notice that Mozilla 1.4 has
    implemented the marquee nonsense, _without_ implementing a user control
    to turn marquee text into normal text. It was a final disappointment to
    see that Opera 7.11 does not simply ignore <marquee> tags but renders
    the content between them as _truncated_. Not running, just truncated to
    one line of canvas width. Moreover, switching between document mode and
    user mode _removes_ the entire content and then maybe a new switch
    brings it back again.

    So the "support" on non-MS browsers is an excellent reason _not_ to use
    marquee.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/
    Jukka K. Korpela, Dec 7, 2003