marquee doesn't get the mouse events

Mr. x

Hello,

Look at the site : www.moca.co.il/test/main.html

I have a marquee on the right.

I have written on the code an event when mouse is over the marquee,
but for some reason, I don't know why - when the mouse is over the marquee,
there is none script running as it should be.

Thanks :)

Thomas Jollans

Mr. x said:
Hello,

Look at the site : www.moca.co.il/test/main.html

I have a marquee on the right.

why don't you just let the user READ. i don't know whatever language or
content that is, but ut looks a bit fast for very young and very old
visitors (and maybe even for all, i just don't know the lingo)

and, by the way marquee is NOT a standard and was NEVER one and will
NEVER be one. O.K., it works on the newest gecko, but i think that is
the only non-m$ browser that supports it...

Toby A Inkster

Thomas said:
and, by the way marquee is NOT a standard and was NEVER one and will
NEVER be one. O.K., it works on the newest gecko, but i think that is
the only non-m$ browser that supports it...

Opera 7.1+ also.

Jukka K. Korpela

Toby A Inkster said:
Opera 7.1+ also.

Sigh. It was disappointing enough to notice that Mozilla 1.4 has
implemented the marquee nonsense, _without_ implementing a user control
to turn marquee text into normal text. It was a final disappointment to
see that Opera 7.11 does not simply ignore <marquee> tags but renders
the content between them as _truncated_. Not running, just truncated to
one line of canvas width. Moreover, switching between document mode and
user mode _removes_ the entire content and then maybe a new switch
brings it back again.

So the "support" on non-MS browsers is an excellent reason _not_ to use
marquee.