    the marquee line and no go either.
    t.i.a.
    R. Hamm

    R. Hamm, Nov 19, 2003

  2. R. Hamm

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Sometime around Wed, 19 Nov 2003 02:52:36 GMT, R. Hamm is reported to have
    stated:

    > <marquee width="60%" scrolldelay="0" behavior=crossing>
    > my text
    > </marquee>

    Besides the fact that <marquee> was never a part of any HTML
    specifications, what information do you have that is not important enough
    that it can't be permanently displayed on the page, but is important enough
    that people will wait for it to return if they miss it?

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au

    Mark Parnell, Nov 19, 2003

  3. R. Hamm

    R. Hamm Guest

    About the importance, it's just for looks, no biggy.

    R. Hamm, Nov 19, 2003
  4. R. Hamm

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Sometime around Wed, 19 Nov 2003 04:54:36 GMT, R. Hamm is reported to have
    stated:

    >> Besides the fact that <marquee> was never a part of any HTML
    >> specifications, what information do you have that is not important enough
    >> that it can't be permanently displayed on the page, but is important

    > enough
    >> that people will wait for it to return if they miss it?
    >>

    > About the importance, it's just for looks, no biggy.

    Then I suggest you get rid of it. It will annoy your visitors, and detract
    their attention from the rest of your page.

    BTW: Please don't post upside-down.

    Mark Parnell, Nov 19, 2003
  5. R. Hamm

    Safalra Guest

    "R. Hamm" <> wrote in message news:<UVAub.242851$Tr4.723616@attbi_s03>...
    > I have this code in my html: (I am using IE6)
    > [snip marquee code]
    > It works except I can't change the font, I tried putting the font code in
    > the marquee line and no go either.

    Being a non-standard element, you can't guarantee anything about its
    presentation - even if you find something that works in IE, it
    probably won't in the various other browsers.

    Besides, using marquees is a bad idea anyway:

    http://www.safalra.com/internet/scrollingtext.html

    --- Stephen Morley ---
    http://www.safalra.com

    Safalra, Nov 19, 2003
  6. R. Hamm

    Jay Guest

    "R. Hamm" <> wrote in message
    > I have this code in my html: (I am using IE6)

    > <marquee width="60%" scrolldelay="0" behavior=crossing>
    > my text
    > </marquee>

    Your question hasn't been answered yet so try this:

    <marquee width="60%" scrolldelay="0" behavior="crossing" style="font-family:
    verdana">
    my text
    </marquee>

    I agree with the previous replies though. <marquee> shouldn't be used for a
    public web site.

    You really should visit http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/ and
    http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/ before you ask more questions like this.

    Jay, Nov 19, 2003
  7. R. Hamm

    Steve R. Guest

    Jay wrote in message ...
    > <marquee> shouldn't be used for a public web site.

    Depends how it's used. I thought it was quite novel on a website I recently came across when I was
    searching for a bike for my kids. It was at http://www.dwg-atv.co.uk/

    Steve :~)

    Steve R., Nov 19, 2003