marquee question

R. Hamm

I have this code in my html: (I am using IE6)

<marquee width="60%" scrolldelay="0" behavior=crossing>
my text
</marquee>

It works except I can't change the font, I tried putting the font code in
the marquee line and no go either.
t.i.a.
R. Hamm

Mark Parnell

Sometime around Wed, 19 Nov 2003 02:52:36 GMT, R. Hamm is reported to have
stated:

<marquee width="60%" scrolldelay="0" behavior=crossing>
my text
</marquee>

Besides the fact that <marquee> was never a part of any HTML
specifications, what information do you have that is not important enough
that it can't be permanently displayed on the page, but is important enough
that people will wait for it to return if they miss it?

Safalra

R. Hamm said:
I have this code in my html: (I am using IE6)
[snip marquee code]
It works except I can't change the font, I tried putting the font code in
the marquee line and no go either.

Being a non-standard element, you can't guarantee anything about its
presentation - even if you find something that works in IE, it
probably won't in the various other browsers.

Besides, using marquees is a bad idea anyway:

http://www.safalra.com/internet/scrollingtext.html

--- Stephen Morley ---
http://www.safalra.com

Jay

R. Hamm said:
I have this code in my html: (I am using IE6)

<marquee width="60%" scrolldelay="0" behavior=crossing>
my text
</marquee>

Your question hasn't been answered yet so try this:

<marquee width="60%" scrolldelay="0" behavior="crossing" style="font-family:
verdana">
my text
</marquee>

I agree with the previous replies though. <marquee> shouldn't be used for a
public web site.

You really should visit http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/ and
http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/ before you ask more questions like this.