Marquee script question

Jo_Calico

I love the Dynamic Drive cross browser marquee script. I'd like to
make the text loop immediately after completion, so the beginning runs
right after the end (does that make sense?). Could anyone tell me how
to do this?

Here's the link: http://www.calicosystems.com/pilla/index1.htm

Here's the code:

<script language="JavaScript1.2">

/*
Cross browser Marquee script- © Dynamic Drive (www.dynamicdrive.com)
For full source code, 100's more DHTML scripts, and Terms Of Use,
visit http://www.dynamicdrive.com
Credit MUST stay intact
*/

//Specify the marquee's width (in pixels)
var marqueewidth="750px"
//Specify the marquee's height
var marqueeheight="15px"
//Specify the marquee's marquee speed (larger is faster 1-10)
var marqueespeed=2
//configure background color:
var marqueebgcolor="#E0BC98"
//Pause marquee onMousever (0=no. 1=yes)?
var pauseit=1

//Specify the marquee's content (don't delete <nobr> tag)
//Keep all content on ONE line, and backslash any single quotations
(ie: that\'s great):

var marqueecontent='<nobr><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica,
sans-serif"> <a href="pages_media/media1.htm"> Have you seen our
newest collection of JM Lynne Quicksilver wallcoverings? See it here
in the Media Center new products area and contact your Designtex sales
representative today. </a> &nbsp; • &nbsp; • &nbsp;
• &nbsp; • &nbsp; <a href="pages_media/media1.htm"> Did
you know that we won Best of Booth Award at the recent Hospitality
Design Expo in Las Vegas? Check out the events section of the Media
Center to view these unique displays.</a> &nbsp; • &nbsp;
• &nbsp; • &nbsp; • &nbsp; <a
href="pages_eco/eco1.htm"> Looking for the most current information
regarding our sustainable products? Click on ¹Eco-Initiatives¹ page

////NO NEED TO EDIT BELOW THIS LINE////////////
marqueespeed=(document.all)? marqueespeed : Math.max(1,
marqueespeed-1) //slow speed down by 1 for NS
var copyspeed=marqueespeed
var pausespeed=(pauseit==0)? copyspeed: 0
var iedom=document.all||document.getElementById
if (iedom)
document.write('<span id="temp"
style="visibility:hidden;position:absolute;top:-100px;left:-9000px">'+marqueecontent+'</span>')
var actualwidth=''
var cross_marquee, ns_marquee

function populate(){
if (iedom){
cross_marquee=document.getElementById?
document.getElementById("iemarquee") : document.all.iemarquee
cross_marquee.style.left=parseInt(marqueewidth)+8+"px"
cross_marquee.innerHTML=marqueecontent
actualwidth=document.all? temp.offsetWidth :
document.getElementById("temp").offsetWidth
}
else if (document.layers){
ns_marquee=document.ns_marquee.document.ns_marquee2
ns_marquee.left=parseInt(marqueewidth)+8
ns_marquee.document.write(marqueecontent)
ns_marquee.document.close()
actualwidth=ns_marquee.document.width
}
lefttime=setInterval("scrollmarquee()",20)
}
window.onload=populate

function scrollmarquee(){
if (iedom){
if (parseInt(cross_marquee.style.left)>(actualwidth*(-1)+8))
cross_marquee.style.left=parseInt(cross_marquee.style.left)-copyspeed+"px"
else
cross_marquee.style.left=parseInt(marqueewidth)+8+"px"

}
else if (document.layers){
if (ns_marquee.left>(actualwidth*(-1)+8))
ns_marquee.left-=copyspeed
else
ns_marquee.left=parseInt(marqueewidth)+8

if (iedom||document.layers){
with (document){
document.write('<table border="0" cellspacing="0"
cellpadding="0"><td>')
if (iedom){
write('<div style="position:relative;width:'+marqueewidth+';height:'+marqueeheight+';overflow:hidden">')
write('<div style="position:absolute;width:'+marqueewidth+';height:'+marqueeheight+';background-color:'+marqueebgcolor+'"
onMouseover="copyspeed=pausespeed"
onMouseout="copyspeed=marqueespeed">')
write('<div id="iemarquee"
style="position:absolute;left:0px;top:0px"></div>')
write('</div></div>')
}
else if (document.layers){
write('<ilayer width='+marqueewidth+' height='+marqueeheight+'
name="ns_marquee" bgColor='+marqueebgcolor+'>')
write('<layer name="ns_marquee2" left=0 top=0
onMouseover="copyspeed=pausespeed"
onMouseout="copyspeed=marqueespeed"></layer>')
write('</ilayer>')
}
document.write('</td></table>')
</script>

Thanks!

Joe Patrick

I love the Dynamic Drive cross browser marquee script. I'd like to
make the text loop immediately after completion, so the beginning runs
right after the end (does that make sense?). Could anyone tell me how
to do this?

I used to use marquees, but removed them because my Users got sick of them
:). I had a news update banner, in which i repeated the same thing about 20
times. Im sure there is a proper way to do this though.

var marqueecontent='<nobr><font size="2" face="Arial, Helvetica,
sans-serif"> <a href="pages_media/media1.htm"> Have you seen our
newest collection of JM Lynne Quicksilver wallcoverings? See it here
in the Media Center new products area and contact your Designtex sales
representative today. </a> &nbsp; • &nbsp; • &nbsp;
• &nbsp; • &nbsp; <a href="pages_media/media1.htm"> Did
you know that we won Best of Booth Award at the recent Hospitality
Design Expo in Las Vegas? Check out the events section of the Media
Center to view these unique displays.</a> &nbsp; • &nbsp;
• &nbsp; • &nbsp; • &nbsp; <a
href="pages_eco/eco1.htm"> Looking for the most current information
regarding our sustainable products? Click on ¹Eco-Initiatives¹ page
for product updates Have you seen our
[...]

Thanks Joe, not my choice to use the marquee, customer wants it.

Maybe someone knows of another script that doesn't leave the "blank"
area between start and finish? Or ust an adjustment of this nice
script that would do it?

Thanks,

Jo