<marquee> tag, mac screenshots and image editors

DrAbyss78

Hello everyone

Had a couple of mac questions .

One have a webpage here:

http://www.geocities.com/sshumsuper7fan78/JimsFilmationpage.htm

I have been using the <marquee> tag to move a few images around the top
and the bottom of the page. However, this only seems to work
perfectly in IE 5 or 6 for Windows. IE 5.2 for MAC OSX loads the page
decently, but all of the tables have red borders. Strange. The newest
version of Safari loads the page decently, but the image at the top
which is supposed to be "bouncing" stays motionless. None of the
images even show up in Safari 1.03. The highest OS X I can go with as
I understand is 10.2, which doesn't entirely suit my needs.

Is there a way to make this more browser friendly or should I bite the
bullet and try to learn Flash and do it this way?

Also, is there an easy way to do screenshots from an imac G3 DVD
player? Yes, I know, I need to upgrade to at least a G4...

Is there a freeware image editor for MAC users as good as irfanview for
Windows? Tried imagewell, but wasn't especially thrilled with it...

Thanks for any help in advance! My email address is
(e-mail address removed)

Jim

mbstevens

Hello everyone

Had a couple of mac questions .

One have a webpage here:

http://www.geocities.com/sshumsuper7fan78/JimsFilmationpage.htm

I have been using the <marquee> tag to move a few images around the top
and the bottom of the page. However, this only seems to work perfectly
in IE 5 or 6 for Windows. IE 5.2 for MAC OSX loads the page decently, but
all of the tables have red borders. Strange. The newest version of Safari
loads the page decently, but the image at the top which is supposed to be
"bouncing" stays motionless. None of the images even show up in Safari
1.03. The highest OS X I can go with as I understand is 10.2, which
doesn't entirely suit my needs.

Is there a way to make this more browser friendly or should I bite the
bullet and try to learn Flash and do it this way?

<iro>
I don't really think you should stop with marquees. No page is complete
without a couple of flash animations, a java applet or two, and lots of
DHTML scooting things all over the page. Turn on flashing text
wherever you can, too. Without at least that much animation, people will
think you are too bland to visit. And if a particular browser does not
handle one kind of animation correctly, there will be plenty of other
stuff on the page that it *will* work with. Never, ever let content
interfere with animation and flashy things.
</iro>

Nikita the Spider

Hello everyone

Had a couple of mac questions .

One have a webpage here:

http://www.geocities.com/sshumsuper7fan78/JimsFilmationpage.htm

I have been using the <marquee> tag to move a few images around the top
and the bottom of the page. However, this only seems to work
perfectly in IE 5 or 6 for Windows. IE 5.2 for MAC OSX loads the page
decently, but all of the tables have red borders. Strange. The newest
version of Safari loads the page decently, but the image at the top
which is supposed to be "bouncing" stays motionless.

Sounds like a feature of Safari to me.
Is there a freeware image editor for MAC users as good as irfanview for
Windows? Tried imagewell, but wasn't especially thrilled with it...

Never used irfanview but here's a Mac image editor I use:
http://seashore.sourceforge.net/

You can also install the GIMP under X11.

Jonathan N. Little

mbstevens said:

Okay, gotta ask...what is iro?

And to Dr Abyss, OMG if you add any more bouncing, blinking flashing
things you'll need the standard Nintendo warning about seizures!

mbstevens

mbstevens wrote:

Okay, gotta ask...what is iro?

That's the National Bureau of Bull tag for irony.
The gurus there decided that a minimum of
typing is better than clarity.

Blinky the Shark

mbstevens said:
That's the National Bureau of Bull tag for irony.
The gurus there decided that a minimum of
typing is better than clarity.

That said, its meaning was quite clear from context.

mbstevens

That said, its meaning was quite clear from context.

Yes, thank you. Although I have to admit that validator.nbb.org has
failed it because I forgot to enclose it in a bs block, i.e.

<bs>
<iro>
</iro>
</bs>

DrAbyss78

Jonathan said:
Okay, gotta ask...what is iro?

And to Dr Abyss, OMG if you add any more bouncing, blinking flashing
things you'll need the standard Nintendo warning about seizures!

LOL.. Okay, so maybe a got a mite carried away...