------_=_NextPart_001_01C38130.4C02C24A

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3DUS-ASCII">
5.5.2657.19">
<TITLE>Martin Fowler and Ruby</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Here's an interesting link...</FONT>
</P>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <A =
HREF=3D"http://martinfowler.com/bliki/MovingAwayFromXslt.html"><U><FONT =
COLOR=3D"#0000FF" SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">http://martinfowler.com/bliki/MovingAwayFromXslt.html</FO=
NT></U></A>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Tahoma">-- </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Tahoma">-- Jim Weirich / Compuware</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Tahoma">-- FWP Capture Services</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Tahoma">-- Phone: 859-386-8855</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C38130.4C02C24A--

------=_NextPartTM-000-dba69d8f-3c50-41a8-9def-03ecbb0a1309--

James Britt

Gour said:
James Britt ([email protected]) wrote:

Thanks. Nice reading.
Thanks.

What do you think about using the same technology for transforming DocBook
documents into Latex-like ones?

I'm not that familiar with Latex, but from what I understand it should
be quite doable. The difficulty may reside in how much (or little) the
two formats map to each other.

In Rimport I use a somewhat different approach (perhaps similar to what
Fowler describes) where the code manually walks the tree, passing
elements and subtrees off to dynamically-invoked methods based on
element name and context. This may give you better control that
straight stream parsing, plus it saves you the trouble of having to
build your own subtrees.

James Britt
james_b AT neurogami DOT com

Gour

James said:
I'm not that familiar with Latex, but from what I understand it should
be quite doable. The difficulty may reside in how much (or little) the
two formats map to each other.

This doesn't bother me too much since it's always possible to map some
DocBook tags in some LaTeX-like equivalent. Actually, I'm thinking about
ConTeXt package.
In Rimport I use a somewhat different approach (perhaps similar to what
Fowler describes) where the code manually walks the tree, passing
elements and subtrees off to dynamically-invoked methods based on
element name and context. This may give you better control that
straight stream parsing, plus it saves you the trouble of having to
build your own subtrees.

Thank you for pointing me at Rimport. I'll take a look in order to learn
something :D

Sincerely,
Gour