Mason pipeline style

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Matija Papec, Oct 20, 2003.

  1. Matija Papec

    Matija Papec Guest

    http://www.perl.com/lpt/a/2001/08/21/templating.html
    >While the documentation mostly demonstrates a callback execution model, it is possible to use Mason in a pipeline style.

    I would like to use Mason in pipeline style like described in article
    (templates are strictly separated from code). Can someone show such examples
    with Mason? Or should I consider Template Toolkit? :)
    tia!

    --
    Matija

    Matija Papec, Oct 20, 2003

  2. Matija Papec

    Bob X Guest

    "Matija Papec" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.perl.com/lpt/a/2001/08/21/templating.html
    > >While the documentation mostly demonstrates a callback execution model,

    it is possible to use Mason in a pipeline style.

    > I would like to use Mason in pipeline style like described in article
    > (templates are strictly separated from code). Can someone show such

    examples
    > with Mason? Or should I consider Template Toolkit? :)
    > tia!
    >

    > --
    > Matija

    Look at HTML::Template as well. CGI::Application is great as well.

    Bob X, Oct 20, 2003

  3. Matija Papec

    ko Guest

    Matija Papec <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > http://www.perl.com/lpt/a/2001/08/21/templating.html
    > >While the documentation mostly demonstrates a callback execution model, it is possible to use Mason in a pipeline style.

    > I would like to use Mason in pipeline style like described in article
    > (templates are strictly separated from code). Can someone show such examples
    > with Mason? Or should I consider Template Toolkit? :)
    > tia!

    Don't know if you already know about this site, but have you looked here?

    http://www.masonbook.com/

    HTH - keith

    ko, Oct 21, 2003
  4. Matija Papec

    Matija Papec Guest

    (ko) wrote:
    >> with Mason? Or should I consider Template Toolkit? :)
    >> tia!

    >Don't know if you already know about this site, but have you looked here?
    >
    >http://www.masonbook.com/

    Yes, didn't read whole book yet but did some examples,
    http://www.masonbook.com/source/

    --
    Matija

    Matija Papec, Oct 25, 2003
  5. Matija Papec

    Matija Papec Guest

    "Bob X" <> wrote:
    >> (templates are strictly separated from code). Can someone show such

    >examples
    >> with Mason? Or should I consider Template Toolkit? :)
    >> tia!

    >Look at HTML::Template as well. CGI::Application is great as well.

    Tnx, I'm in position to pick one templating framework and then stick to it
    (there should be no regrets after such decision :)) Mason looks good as it
    promises scalability for building large sites but I would like to stay away
    from perl_interlaced_with_html nightmare. Can your combination handle well
    large projects?

    --
    Matija

    Matija Papec, Oct 25, 2003