Mass email newshot

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by PokerMan, Oct 12, 2007.

  1. PokerMan

    PokerMan Guest

    Hi guys

    Can anyone tell me the best way to implement a mass email newshot, to
    1million plus people!

    I have done this:

    1) Set up a news email account on my server
    2) Set that email as the email for the news shot
    3) Used smtp client of asp to make the email
    4) Loop through a paged sql server stored proc to retrieve the data in a
    datareader (for performance)
    5) Using the paged amounts of 100k a time, then loop through, get email and
    add to emailer message.add(destEmail), and then send

    What is the best way? And wont this methood cause MASS spam of any bounced
    emails back to my server??

    Thanks

    PokerMan, Oct 12, 2007