'Mass-mailing' with ASP?

Espen

Hi,

I just took over maintaining an ASP codebase for sending out
newsletters by mail, as well as basic subscriber maintenance.

Thing is working ok today, with ~200 subscribers, but there are plans
on selling this 'solution' to clients with substantially higher
demands; at least in the low 1000's..

Would you consider asp suitable for this purpose? Would be a
definitive plus not having to use other technology, but i'm concerned
about timeouts and whatnot while sending out such a batch of mail.

Guess it could be made workable with tons and tons of logging, and
maybe generating a client redirect every X mails, to restart/keep the
script going?
Or is it perhaps possible to fork off a new thread and do this as a
real background task? I'm not too knowledgeable on ASP, and neither
was the guy who wrote this system in the first place, unfortunately.

Any feedback greatly appreciated,
Espen

John

There are a lot of such a programs available with importmodules from al kind
of databases and addressbooks. Why developing one yourself?