'Mass-mailing' with ASP?

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Espen, Aug 30, 2004.

  1. Espen

    Espen Guest

    Hi,

    I just took over maintaining an ASP codebase for sending out
    newsletters by mail, as well as basic subscriber maintenance.

    Thing is working ok today, with ~200 subscribers, but there are plans
    on selling this 'solution' to clients with substantially higher
    demands; at least in the low 1000's..

    Would you consider asp suitable for this purpose? Would be a
    definitive plus not having to use other technology, but i'm concerned
    about timeouts and whatnot while sending out such a batch of mail.

    Guess it could be made workable with tons and tons of logging, and
    maybe generating a client redirect every X mails, to restart/keep the
    script going?
    Or is it perhaps possible to fork off a new thread and do this as a
    real background task? I'm not too knowledgeable on ASP, and neither
    was the guy who wrote this system in the first place, unfortunately.

    Any feedback greatly appreciated,
    Espen
    Espen, Aug 30, 2004

  2. Espen

    John Guest

    There are a lot of such a programs available with importmodules from al kind
    of databases and addressbooks. Why developing one yourself?
    John, Aug 30, 2004

  3. Ugh. No. Use bulk mailing software.
    http://www.aspfaq.com/2291

    --