"master" attribute not recognized

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by nidii, Nov 22, 2004.

  1. nidii

    nidii Guest

    Hello,

    I'm trying to define a default master page in web.config
    for my web application lihe this:

    <appSettings/>
    <system.web>

    <!--
    Set the default master page
    -->

    <pages master="Templates/MasterAdvertising.master"/>

    <!--
    Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging symbols
    into the compiled page.
    Because this affects performance, set this value to true
    only during development.
    -->
    <compilation debug="true"/>
    <!--
    The <authentication> section enables configuration of the
    security authentication
    mode used by ASP.NET to identify an incoming user.
    -->
    <authentication mode="Windows"/>
    <!--
    The <customErrors> section enables configuration of what
    to do if/when an unhandled
    error occurs during the execution of a request.
    Specifically, it enables developers
    to configure html error pages to be displayed in place of
    a error stack trace.
    -->
    <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"
    defaultRedirect="GenericErrorPage.htm">
    <!--
    <error statusCode="403" redirect="NoAccess.htm"/>
    <error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm"/>
    -->
    </customErrors>
    </system.web>
    </configuration>

    At the compilation i get this error

    D:\projects\cal\online\SRC\CalOnline2005UI\Templates\MasterHeader.master:
    ASP.NET runtime error: Unrecognized attribute 'master'.
    (D:\projects\cal\online\SRC\CalOnline2005UI\web.config line
    17)D:\projects\cal\online\SRC\CalOnline2005UI\Templates\MasterHeader.master

    Anybody knows how can be fixed?

    Thanks,

    Nidi

    nidii, Nov 22, 2004

  2. "nidii" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I'm trying to define a default master page in web.config
    > for my web application lihe this:
    >

    > <appSettings/>
    > <system.web>
    >
    > <!--
    > Set the default master page
    > -->
    >
    > <pages master="Templates/MasterAdvertising.master"/>
    >
    > <!--
    > Set compilation debug="true" to insert debugging symbols
    > into the compiled page.
    > Because this affects performance, set this value to true
    > only during development.
    > -->
    > <compilation debug="true"/>
    > <!--
    > The <authentication> section enables configuration of the
    > security authentication
    > mode used by ASP.NET to identify an incoming user.
    > -->
    > <authentication mode="Windows"/>
    > <!--
    > The <customErrors> section enables configuration of what
    > to do if/when an unhandled
    > error occurs during the execution of a request.
    > Specifically, it enables developers
    > to configure html error pages to be displayed in place of
    > a error stack trace.
    > -->
    > <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"
    > defaultRedirect="GenericErrorPage.htm">
    > <!--
    > <error statusCode="403" redirect="NoAccess.htm"/>
    > <error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm"/>
    > -->
    > </customErrors>
    > </system.web>
    > </configuration>
    >

    > At the compilation i get this error
    >
    > D:\projects\cal\online\SRC\CalOnline2005UI\Templates\MasterHeader.master:
    > ASP.NET runtime error: Unrecognized attribute 'master'.
    > (D:\projects\cal\online\SRC\CalOnline2005UI\web.config line
    > 17)D:\projects\cal\online\SRC\CalOnline2005UI\Templates\MasterHeader.master
    >

    > Anybody knows how can be fixed?

    Are you sure you're running the correct version of ASP.NET? "master" is an
    ASP.NET 2.0 feature.

    John Saunders

    John Saunders, Nov 22, 2004