Master/Content Page Error in Design/Split View

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Nathan Sokalski, Jan 6, 2009.

  1. I have Master and Content Pages that have the following ContentPlaceHolder
    and Content controls:

    <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="cphContentArea" runat="server"/>

    <asp:Content ID="cntContentArea" ContentPlaceHolderID="cphContentArea"
    runat="server">.</asp:Content>

    My page works when I debug the application, but Design and Split View give
    the following error:

    Master Page error
    The page has one or more <asp:Content> controls that do not correspond with
    <asp:ContentPlaceHolder> controls in the Master Page.
    Correct the problem in Code View:
    ..cphContentArea

    Why is Visual Studio 2008 complaining about this? Any help would be
    appreciated. Thanks.
    --
    Nathan Sokalski

    http://www.nathansokalski.com/