Master / Detail Grid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ruca, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. ruca

    ruca Guest

    Hi,

    I have a master and a detail datagrid. I put detail grid showing insise of a
    column of master grid. The problem is that it's not what I really want.
    What I really want would be that the detail grid appears between rows of
    master grid, i.e., when I select one record in master grid that detail grid
    appears between the selected row and next row.
    I know that the reason why my detail grid is show in one master column it's
    because I design detail in a master column, but I don't know how to put it
    in a "row".

    Any idea how can I do this? Suggestion are apreciated ...

    --
    Programming ASP.NET with VB.NET
    Thank's (if you try to help me)

    ruca, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Check out this article,
    Nested Grids for Hierarchical Data
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/10/CuttingEdge/default.aspx

    Here dino have explained whatever you are trying to do.
    --
    Saravana
    Microsoft MVP - ASP.NET

    Saravana [MVP], Apr 1, 2004

  3. ruca

    ruca Guest

    Do you know anything more easier to understand?

    --
    Programming ASP.NET with VB.NET
    Thank's (if you try to help me)
    ruca