Master/Detail in one grid

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Jeppe Dige Jespersen, Sep 20, 2004.

  1. I need master info in several columns in _one_
    row for each record. Below each "master"
    record, I need a number of detail rows. Like this:

    --------------------------------------
    | Order01 | Order Date | Order Total |
    --------------------------------------
    | Product info, orderItemA |
    --------------------------------------
    | Product info, orderItemB |
    --------------------------------------
    | Product info, orderItemC |
    --------------------------------------
    | <separator> |
    --------------------------------------
    | Order02 | Order Date | Order Total |
    --------------------------------------
    | Product info, orderItemA |
    --------------------------------------
    | Product info, orderItemB |
    --------------------------------------
    | <separator> |
    --------------------------------------

    I do need to use a grid, as I need paging, sorting
    and stuff like that.

    Any ideas?

    Jeppe Jespersen
    Denmark
    Jeppe Dige Jespersen, Sep 20, 2004

  2. Hi Jeppe,

    You might want to check whether HierarGrid will help you with that.

    It is free here: http://www.denisbauer.com/ASPNETControls/HierarGrid.aspx

    Ken
    Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Sep 21, 2004

  3. Jeppe Dige Jespersen, Sep 21, 2004
  4. Hard to believe he gives this stuff away free!

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Sep 22, 2004

  5. > Hard to believe he gives this stuff away free!

    Don't go puttin' any ideas in his head, now. ;-)

    Jeppe
    Jeppe Dige Jespersen, Sep 22, 2004