Master Detail Report Question

jm

Consider this query:

select count(*) as total, order_type, order_category,
order_subcategory....GROUP BY order_type, order_category,
order_subcategory

This SQL brings me a report sorted appropriately, albeit ugly in a
DataGrid.

Is there anyway to create a nice Master Detail *without* having to hit
the database again to get the totals?

In DataGrid1,

order_type

DataGrid1 onitemdatabound
DataGrid2 order_category
DataGrid2 onitemdatabound
DataGrid3 order_subcategory

I do not see how to eliminate the repeating rows this way, however;
Any thoughts? Thanks.