    Can anyone suggest a solution (or is using the full URL for this the correct
    way to go).

    Thanks!
    news.sbcglobal.net, May 24, 2006

  2. thing of MasterPages like the includes in classic asp...

    if you have your master.page in your root folder all the children must be in
    the root...

    so, the best practce is like this:

    root
    |--- images
    |--- includes
    |--- |--- css
    |--- |--- js
    |--- aspx
    web.config
    site.map

    aspx folder could be several, like
    |--- admin
    |--- user
    |--- master <--- add all the master pages in your website here 4 example
    |--- profile

    it's a clean way to build your website, I always start by the folders, and
    then I start workin' in Master.Page and then the content pages.

    inside aspx folder (or others) you put all your content pages and the
    master page, and for all images all you need to do is:

    "../images/...jpg" <-- so get back one folder (you'll be in root) and go to
    images folder

    if you follow my example, you wwill not having any problem with image links
    and you'll have a nice and clean enviroment for your website.

    by the way... the best way to have background images is in CSS!

    --

    Bruno Alexandre
    (a Portuguese in KĂžbenhanv, Danmark)

    "news.sbcglobal.net" <> escreveu na
    mensagem news:cbUcg.77631$...

    Bruno Alexandre, May 24, 2006

  3. news.sbcglobal.net

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Bruno Alexandre" <> wrote in message

    > it's a clean way to build your website, I always start by the folders, and
    > then I start workin' in Master.Page and then the content pages.

    Me too.
    Mark Rae, May 24, 2006