Master Page Control in DataSource Select Parameter, 2.0

Guest

In ASP.NET 2.0, is it possible to use a control that's on a Master Page as a
select parameter in a content page's datasource control? On the content page
in the VWD Configure Data Source wizard (which I love!), I was disappointed
when adding a WHERE clause that the Control ID list in the wizard didn't
include any of the Master Page controls. In the Design view, I can see the
drop down list I want to use on the Master Page, shadowed and just out of
reach! How do I use a Master Page control as a datasource select parameter
for my content pages? I’m afraid it’ll take some coding, which I’m not very
good at yet!
Many thanks for your help and guidance,
David