Master page does not exist

Bren

Hi All

I am just in the process of taking the leap into .net 2 and vs 2005 and a I
have come across a bit of a problem.

I have created an Intranet app and have the following folder structure:-

/
/phonebook
/SMS
/QMS

I have a master page in the root of the site which I use on all the pages in
the site, everything works fine in VS 2005 but when I publish the site to my
local IIS I get the following error when I try to access the
/QMS/Default.aspx. NOTE: I don't get the error when I access any of the
other Default.aspx pages in the other directories.

The error is:-

Server Error in '/QMS' Application.

Parser Error

Parser Error Message: The file '/QMS/IntranetMasterPage.master' does not
exist.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ page language="VB" masterpagefile="~/IntranetMasterPage.master"
autoeventwireup="false" inherits="QMS_Default, App_Web_tlcplbav"
title="Untitled Page" %>
Line 2: <asp:Content ID="Content1"
ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1" Runat="Server">
Line 3: <table class="tablefull">

Source File: /QMS/Default.aspx Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET
Version:2.0.50727.42

------------------------

I have checked the directive in all the other pages against the
qms/default.aspx page and cannot see any differences.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Regards
Bren

Why do I climb mountains - Simple because they are there.

www.3peakschallenge.co.uk

Bren

Sorted this myself, if anyone is interested the problem seemed to be due to
the directory name being "QMS", I changed the name to "qmsonline" and
everything works fine now.

Curious why it didn't like the directory name "QMS" :-|

rgds
bren

Kevin Jones

Do you have an "application" named QMS on that server? i.e. do you have
a virtual directory mapped to QMS?