    '/master page.master' does not exist
    The master page is there so am very puzzled.
    Any ideas as I seem to be going around in circles.
    Kevin, Mar 29, 2007

  2. If '/master page.master' is copy paste, then you may want to try '~/
    masterpage.master', because spaces and absolute (or root-relative)
    addresses are not appropriate for URLs.

    When we use absolute or root-relative addresses, and upon re-
    deployment the wording of virtual directory on new server is not be
    same as previous server, it would break such addresses.
    Muhammad Naveed Yaseen, Mar 30, 2007

  3. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    It is already set to ~/
    So am even more totally confused.

    Kevin, Mar 30, 2007
  4. I think I got a similar error before. Sometimes, when you deploy using the
    "publish website" menu item in VS 2005, the masterpage gets some additional
    junk text in its html view.
    I don't really know why, and how...but I have observed it before myself.
    Just to be sure, why dont you open your masterpage, and a corresponding
    derived page, and look for any junk in the first 2-3 lines of the page.

    Remove it and it should solve your problem

    --
    Sashidhar Kokku
    ikaSystems Corp

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FzaGlkaGFyIEtva2t1?=, Mar 30, 2007
  5. Kevin

    ozmosis

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    I had this same issue and was able to fix it. The folder wasn't set as an application in IIS.

    So go to IIS and make sure that it's set as an application.

    God bless!
    ozmosis, Jul 17, 2008