Master Page (or Atlas), DetailsView insert problem

tcc.se7en

Hi --

I have an ASP.NET web app that I just converted to use a Master Page
for common content (banner and nav). I also just updated my version of
the MS Ajax framework to the latest one (and had to rename my controls
to <asp:...> instead of <atlas:...> etc..)

I have a DetailsView on the page, with Edit and Insert capability.

When I insert a record, I get an exception as follows, but it's after
the insert completes, since the record is inserted into the database:
--------------
The control must be in the control tree of a page.
Parameter name: control

[...]

Stack Trace:
[ArgumentException: The control must be in the control tree of a page.
Parameter name: control]

Microsoft.Web.UI.ScriptRegistrationManager.RegisterClientScriptInclude(Control
control, Type type, String key, String url) +417

Microsoft.Web.UI.ScriptManager.RegisterClientScriptIncludeInternal(Control
control, Type type, String key, String url) +36

Microsoft.Web.UI.ScriptControlManager.RegisterScriptsForScriptReferences(IEnumerable`1
scriptReferences, Control control) +178

Microsoft.Web.UI.ScriptControlManager.RegisterScriptsForScriptControls()
+154
Microsoft.Web.UI.ScriptManager.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +395
+1360
-------------------

This didn't occur until today, and the two most recent major changes
were switching to use a Master Page, and upgrading the MS Ajax
framework.
Come to think about it, the Stack Trace is saying it's in
Microsoft.Web.UI.xx, so maybe it is the AJAX stuff...
From the atlas framework, I use UpdatePanels, and the UpdateProgress
control.

Has this happened to anyone, or does anyone know what could be causing
the error?

Let me know if you need more detail or code or anything.

Thanks,
Taylor

tcc.se7en

[tried to post a second ago, but there was an error somewhere.]

My problem's in the UpdateProgress component. I disabled it and all
worked correctly.

I'm using the latest (1.0 beta?) version of the MS AJAX framework, and
the CTP that contains the UpdateProgress control.

I'll post again if I figure out what's wrong.

Thanks,
Taylor