Master Page Question

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by shapper, Nov 24, 2006.

  1. shapper

    shapper Guest

    Hello,

    I have 2 pages: Page1.aspx and Page2.aspx.
    The two pages have common design parts but also not common design
    parts.

    Is it possible to create something like this:

    MasterPageA

    |---- MasterPageB

    |---- Page1.aspx

    MasterPageA

    |---- MasterPageC

    |---- Page2.aspx

    See?
    Page1 uses Master Pages A and B.
    Page2 uses Master Pages A and C.

    Could you tell me if I should do this and if it is possible.
    If yes, where can I find some information about it?

    Thanks,
    Miguel

    shapper, Nov 24, 2006

  2. shapper

    Karl Seguin Guest

    Sounds like you are asking if Master Pages can be nested, and the answer is
    yes.

    You can learn a bit more at:
    http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/archive/2005/11/11/430382.aspx

    and it's pretty easy to test out anyways...

    Karl

    --
    http://www.openmymind.net/
    http://www.fuelindustries.com/

    Karl Seguin, Nov 24, 2006

  3. shapper

    shapper Guest

    Sometime ago I followed an article (I believe MSDN) related with
    localization in Asp.Net 2.0.

    To make pages localization I create a class named Localization:

    1 Public Class _Localization
    2 Inherits Page
    3
    4 Sub Localization_PreInit(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
    EventArgs) Handles MyBase.PreInit
    5 Page.MasterPageFile = "~/_Base.master"
    6 Page.Theme = "_Base"
    7 End Sub
    8
    9 ' _Base master page culture
    10 Protected Overrides Sub InitializeCulture()
    11 MyBase.InitializeCulture()
    12 Dim language As String = CType(Context.Profile,
    ProfileCommon).Language
    13 If (language IsNot Nothing) AndAlso (language <> "Auto") Then
    14 MyBase.UICulture = language
    15 Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture =
    CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture(language)
    16 End If
    17 End Sub
    18
    19 End Class

    My Base master page is as follows:

    1 Partial Class _Base
    2 Inherits System.Web.UI.MasterPage
    3 ...
    4 End Class

    And my page is given by:

    1 Partial Class _Default
    2 Inherits Localization
    3 ...
    4 End Class

    Well, now I need page Default to use two master pages. Base and Content
    where:

    Base

    | ----- Content

    Now I am really lost here. [:)]

    Could someone help me out in implementing this?

    By the way, I am developing everything at runtime.

    Thanks,

    Miguel

    shapper, Nov 24, 2006