master pages across application

Ily

Hi

I have two applications (both in asp.net 2.0).

I want both to have a common company wide look and feel

How can I do this using master pages?

Also If new applications are added, I want them to have the company
wide look and feel, but with the minimum of work? Is this 'do-able'?

Many thanks

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Without stepping out into a lot of custom programming, you will likely have
to rely on source control to play a game to accomplish this. If you put all
of your projects in source control and share the master page file(s) across
projects, an edit in one project will update all. This is the best option I
can think of for ease of maintenance. It makes it a pain every time you
check in a project, as you have to create a master by the same name, delete
out of source control and then share from a previous project, but the pain
goes away immediately after set up.

I will give an example. We currently have a core application that gets
branded for a variety of clients. Currently, too much of the code is in the
ASPX code behind pages. The solution is to share the code behind across
projects. If we find a bug, we can propogate to all projects. It is not the
same as your issue, but the solution is similar.

Chris Fulstow

Try adding this element to your machine.config:

<configuration>
<system.web>
<pages master="filepath.master" />
</system.web>