    many times

    Is there workaround here?

    Is Microsoft doing anything about it?

    ThatsIT.net.au, Jan 5, 2008

  2. On Jan 5, 5:05 am, "ThatsIT.net.au" <me@thatsit> wrote:
    > I have noticed using index server to create a web site search pages using a
    > master page do not show doctitle when using the Title="page title" property
    >
    > this works fine if you use the <title>page title</title> tags.
    >
    > This means a lot of work going back over all pages and putting in the title
    > gain, it also produces a error in the debugger saying <title> tags occur too
    > many times
    >
    > Is there workaround here?
    >
    > Is Microsoft doing anything about it?

    It seems this is a known issue and IS is looking for <title></title>
    tags.

    Check the workaround with a ContentPlaceHolder at the following
    thread:
    http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t119918-how-to-get-doctitle-from-aspx-master-pages-.html

    Hope this helps

    Alexey Smirnov, Jan 5, 2008

  3. "Alexey Smirnov" <> wrote in message
    On Jan 5, 5:05 am, "ThatsIT.net.au" <me@thatsit> wrote:
    > I have noticed using index server to create a web site search pages using
    > master page do not show doctitle when using the Title="page title"
    > property
    >
    > this works fine if you use the <title>page title</title> tags.
    >
    > This means a lot of work going back over all pages and putting in the
    > title
    > gain, it also produces a error in the debugger saying <title> tags occur
    > too
    > many times
    >
    > Is there workaround here?
    >
    > Is Microsoft doing anything about it?

    It seems this is a known issue and IS is looking for <title></title>
    tags.

    Check the workaround with a ContentPlaceHolder at the following
    thread:
    http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t119918-how-to-get-doctitle-from-aspx-master-pages-.html

    Hope this helps

    not really.

    The solution I had works fine, but it creates warnings in the debugger. It
    may be being fussy, but the warnings annoy me

    ThatsIT.net.au, Jan 5, 2008