Master Pages causing me grief

Chad

I want to pass a string variable from default3.aspx to default2.aspx.

I create a property in default2.aspx, called "X", and assign a value. I then
call Server.Transfer("default3.aspx")

In default3.aspx I have this code:
Dim Default3 As Default3 = ctype(Context.Handler, Default3)
Dim PassedString As String = Default3.x

This will work fine as long a default 3 is not a webform that references a
master page.

If it is, it tells me that "Default 3" is an undefined type. As a result,
the only way that I know o get it to work is to turn of Option Strict and
change it to this:

Dim Default3 As Object = Context.Handler
Dim PassedString As String = Default3.x

I really dont want to turn off Option Strict or resort to looselt typed
variables.

How do I correct this?

Chad

Interesting, but I still have the same issue. I want to be able to cast to
an instage of the Default3 class (the previous page) so I can reference a
property on that page. For some reason, I cannot CTYPE to a page that has a
master class, which means I have to turn off Option Strict. Otherwise, it
works. But I dont want to turn off option strict