Master Pages causing me grief

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Chad, Jun 13, 2006.

  1. Chad

    Chad Guest

    Sorry to create a new thread on an old post but I didn't get a viable answer
    and thought that the odds were against me getting one unless I started a new
    thread.

    My question was this:

    I want to pass a string variable from default3.aspx to default2.aspx.

    I create a property in default2.aspx, called "X", and assign a value. I then
    call Server.Transfer("default3.aspx")

    In default3.aspx I have this code:
    Dim Default3 As Default3 = ctype(Context.Handler, Default3)
    Dim PassedString As String = Default3.x

    This will work fine as long a default 3 is not a webform that references a
    master page.

    If it is, it tells me that "Default 3" is an undefined type. As a result,
    the only way that I know o get it to work is to turn of Option Strict and
    change it to this:

    Dim Default3 As Object = Context.Handler
    Dim PassedString As String = Default3.x

    I really dont want to turn off Option Strict or resort to looselt typed
    variables.

    How do I correct this?
    Chad, Jun 13, 2006