Master Pages - Content Panel at Top Z

Marcus Smaby

I am trying to build a simple site using a master page containing a header
graphic and a vertical side menu. I use the MS ASP Menu control. There is a
single contents panel. The menu is multiple level and expands to the right.
To the right of the menu is the contents control.

The problem is when I build a web page based on this master and preview it
in a browser the menu expands in a sub-menu out to the right but is partly
under the contents in the contents panel and partly unreadable. I expected
the sub-menu choices to be above any content. I have played with the Z order
in both the master page and the web page with no luck.

How do I fix this?

TIA

Marcus

xke

Is this of any help?

masterpage.master (within Form tag):

Top Image Header to be added
<asp:Menu ID="Menu1" runat="server" BackColor="#FFFBD6"
DynamicHorizontalOffset="2"
Font-Names="Verdana" Font-Size="0.8em"
ForeColor="#990000" StaticSubMenuIndent="10px">
<StaticMenuItemStyle HorizontalPadding="5px"
VerticalPadding="2px" />
<DynamicHoverStyle BackColor="#990000"
ForeColor="White" />
<DynamicMenuStyle BackColor="#FFFBD6" />
<StaticSelectedStyle BackColor="#FFCC66" />
<DynamicSelectedStyle BackColor="#FFCC66" />
<DynamicMenuItemStyle HorizontalPadding="5px"
VerticalPadding="2px" />
<StaticHoverStyle BackColor="#990000"
ForeColor="White" />
<Items>
<asp:MenuItem Text="Text1">
<asp:MenuItem Text="Text11"></asp:MenuItem>
<asp:MenuItem Text="Text12"></asp:MenuItem>
<asp:MenuItem Text="Text13"></
asp:MenuItem>
</asp:MenuItem>
<asp:MenuItem Text="Text2"></asp:MenuItem>
<asp:MenuItem Text="Text3"></asp:MenuItem>
<asp:MenuItem Text="Text4"></asp:MenuItem>
<asp:MenuItem Text="Text5"></asp:MenuItem>
</Items>
</asp:Menu>
<asp:contentplaceholder id="ContentPlaceHolder1"
runat="server">
</asp:contentplaceholder>

default.aspx (this page uses the previous one as master page)

<asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="ContentPlaceHolder1"
Runat="Server">
asfsdf sfsdf fsdlfkjs dflkjs dflk jsdlkfj sldkfj sdlfkj sdlfkj sdfSome
Content fsdlfkjs dflkjs dflk
<asp:panel ID="Panel1" runat="server" BackColor="#804040"
Height="50px" Width="125px">
sdfsdfsdf sdfsdfsdf</asp:panel>
jsdlkfj sldkfj sdlfkj sdlfkj sdfSome Content fsdlfkjs dflkjs dflk
jsdlkfj sldkfj sdlfkj sdlfkj sdfSome Content fsdlfkjs dflkjs dflk
jsdlkfj sldkfj sdlfkj sdlfkj sdfSome Content fsdlfkjs dflkjs dflk
jsdlkfj sldkfj sdlfkj sdlfkj sdfSome Content fsdlfkjs dflkjs dflk
jsdlkfj sldkfj sdlfkj sdlfkj sdf
</asp:Content>

And it seems everything works fine. Post your code in case you still
having issues.