master pages contentplaceholder

Billy Cormic

Hello,
I am using Visual Studio 2005 Beta for the first time and am having
trouble using contentplaceholders. Actually, I am having trouble
declaring them. Here is a snap shot of my master page:

<%@ master language="C#" %>
<head id="Head1" runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<form id="Form1" runat="server">

<asp:contentplaceholder id="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server">
</asp:contentplaceholder>
</form>

A red line appears underneath contentplaceholder and the mouse over
says "the active schema does not support the element
'contentplaceholder' . Has anyone ran into this problem before?

thanks
Billy

Karl

Code works fine for me. Can you still compile/run the thing? I've noticed
beta 1's error/warning reporting is on the weak side..

Karl

Rutger Smit

Billy said:
Hello,
I am using Visual Studio 2005 Beta for the first time and am having
trouble using contentplaceholders. Actually, I am having trouble
declaring them. Here is a snap shot of my master page:

<%@ master language="C#" %>
<head id="Head1" runat="server">
<title>Untitled Page</title>
</head>
<form id="Form1" runat="server">

<asp:contentplaceholder id="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server">
</asp:contentplaceholder>
</form>

A red line appears underneath contentplaceholder and the mouse over
says "the active schema does not support the element
'contentplaceholder' . Has anyone ran into this problem before?

thanks
Billy

Works fine here too.
What if you add another Master page, same result?

//Rutger

Billy Cormic

thanks guys. i figured as much. this has got to be a problem with
the beta. I'm going to check and make sure I am running the latest
build.