Master Pages help please

NW Technicals

HELLO,
I created my site with absolute positioning of controls. Upon suggestions
from a good friend of mine I am trying to move my site to Relative
positioning, but having problems

All my problems are related to control positioning only

1) All my controls would not fit in the contentpane I have in the main
pane??
How can I accomadate more where my content pane is small

2) When I place controls in relative and run my page (if I resize my page)
the controls are running everywhere.

Where can I learn more about positioning controls and really seeing how they
are going to be at runtime

Any help is greatly appreciated

thanks In advance
learning GUI after 10 years in programming

Brennan Stehling

For a few good resources to learn more about layout you can find a few
links here...

http://brennan.offwhite.net/blog/2006/09/10/web-development-tools-for-the-power-developer/

Look towards the bottom where I have listed a few links under the
Websites grouping. The page also lists several tools you can use with
Firefox and MSIE which will help you see how your layout is working.

I strongly suggest reading this book also.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780321303479&itm=1

It was authored by the creators of this website.

http://www.csszengarden.com/

It explains many of the designs and layouts which I found very
instructive. Once you have been through that book you will know how to
handle your layout issues.

Brennan Stehling
http://brennan.offwhite.net/blog/